New Member Draw Rules
The following are some general rules regarding the New Member Draw. Please note that the club organizers ultimately reserve the right at draw time to make decisions should any unforeseen issues arise.
- If entering the draw as a family unit to be eligible for “family membership rates”, each family can only enter ONE ballot. ALL names of the person(s) in the household must be included on the ballot before the draw. Should space available be less than the names on the drawn household ballot, the household has to identify which person(s) on the ballot will be the new member(s).
Family membership to IBC requires that immediate family members reside at the same address. “Immediate family”, means, in respect of an IBC member:
- The member’s spouse or common-law partner. “Common-law partner” means a person who has been cohabiting with an IBC member in a conjugal relationship for at least one year.
- The member’s children and the children of the member’s spouse or common-law partner. Children must be 16 years of age or older by September 30 of the membership intake year. Children must be under the age of 25 on September 30 of the membership intake year. Children must be enrolled in school if 18 years of age or older.
- Only person(s) on the ballot can become new member(s).
- A person can enter only ONE ballot (as a new member/household OR as a proxy for another person).
- If a person cannot attend the draw, he/she may be represented by a proxy. The proxy must be able to provide your name (first & last), phone number and email address.
- Membership fee must be paid on the spot. A completed waiver must be submitted to IBC prior to playing.
- Please print clearly on all ballots and waivers.
- Cheating of any kind during the draw will result in lifetime membership ban.