Club Rules and Etiquette
By joining as an IBC member or participating as a drop-in, you are also agreeing to abide by the rules and etiquette of the club. The rules and etiquette requirements are in place to help ensure a safe and respectful environment for school staff, IBC members and visitors.
Members who choose to violate club rules and etiquette will be given formal notice and may have their club membership revoked, with no membership refund. Drop-ins who choose to violate club rules and etiquette may be disallowed from dropping in or joining IBC.
Club rules and etiquette are as follows:
- Unless permitted otherwise, IBC membership is sold on a per-season basis. Membership paid is not refundable and is non-transferable.
- All players are required to sign any required waivers before being accepted as an IBC member or drop-in. A person signing for a family membership is deemed to be signing for all members covered under that family membership. Those who choose not to sign the waiver(s) will not be accepted as IBC members or drop-ins.
- Family membership to IBC requires that immediate family members reside at the same address. “Immediate family”, means, in respect of an IBC member: (a) The member’s spouse or common-law partner. “Common-law partner” means a person who has been cohabiting with an IBC member in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. (b) The member’s children and the children of the member’s spouse or common-law partner. Children must be 16 years of age or older by September 30 of the membership intake year. Children must be under the age of 25 on September 30 of the membership intake year. Children must be enrolled in school if 18 years of age or older.
Any misrepresentations or falsehoods (e.g. lying about the age or school status of a child) may result in a loss of membership.
- Before starting play at IBC, a person must have purchased a membership or paid the drop-in fee if drop-in play is allowed.
- Players must wear clean, indoor-only, non-marking, soft-soled shoes. Outdoor shoes may not be worn in the gym.
- IBC players and visitors must comply with posted school or facility rules/requests (e.g. request to remove outdoor shoes at entrance, no parking signs).
- Paid members must wear the shoe tag provided by IBC to identify themselves as paid members.
- Persons under 16 years of age must be supervised by an adult at all times and may not enter the gymnasium.
- Players (i.e.: members & drop-ins) will restrict their activities to the area of the large gym, the immediate waiting area adjacent to the gym, locker rooms and closest bathrooms. Visitors (non-player) must restrict their activities to the immediate waiting area adjacent to the gym and the closest bathrooms.
- IBC will enforce proper conduct of players and visitors.
- Visitors are welcome at IBC provided that they report to executives and comply with IBC rules and regulations. IBC reserves the right to disallow visitors.
- The first people to arrive (ie: are slated to play in the first round of matches) MUST set up the gym, including setting up net poles, stringing out the net and hanging the wall panels (if applicable to the gym). Setup must be completed for all courts prior to any badminton play.
- At WP Wagner: The last group to play on Court 4, 5, or 6 must take down the wall curtain panels at the back and the poles and net for Court 4, 5, and 6. The last group to play on Court 1, 2, or 3 must take down the wall curtain panels at the front and poles and net for Court 1, 2, and 3.
- At other Play Locations: The last 2 courts to play are responsible for taking down the nets and neatly storing school equipment in the equipment room.
- Matches are limited to two games after which the players must vacate their court and wait for their next turn to play. Games must follow the Rally Point System (21 points).
- After you finish your match, please return game shuttles to designated court shuttle container (if available). Removal of game shuttles other than for game play on the designated court is not permitted.
- No singles games allowed when there are players waiting to play doubles.
- Swearing is not permitted. Depending on the severity of the situation, offenders may be asked to vacate the gym or facility immediately.
- Violence, abusive or threatening language/behaviour is not permitted and will not be tolerated.
- Please keep your cell phone ring volume down or put cell phone in vibrate mode to avoid disrupting other players.
- IBC players/visitors may not enter the school/facility earlier than 10 minutes before the scheduled start time for the booking. If another user group is occupying the gym, IBC players/visitors may not enter the gym or interfere with the activities of the user group.
- Players must vacate the gym by the scheduled end time for the booking. Players/visitors must vacate the school/facility no later than 10 minutes after the scheduled end time for the booking.
- On court warm up time is restricted to 3 minutes.
- Players must not communicate issues/questions/comments directly to school/custodial staff. All issues/questions/comments should be brought to an IBC Executive.
IBC uses a court waiting system to ensure all players have equal and fair access to the courts. Please ensure that you familiarize yourself with the system.