By joining as an IBC member or participating as a drop-in, you are also agreeing to abide by the rules and etiquette of the club. IBC believes that its members & participants are responsible individuals and would like to treat all players accordingly. Consequently, the club tries to keep club rules and etiquette to a minimum.
Members who choose to violate club rules and etiquette will be given formal notice and may have their club membership revoked, with no membership refund. Drop-ins who choose to violate club rules and etiquette may be disallowed from dropping in or joining IBC.
Club rules and etiquette are as follows:
- Unless permitted otherwise, IBC membership is sold on a per-season basis. Membership paid is not refundable and is non-transferable.
- All IBC members are required to sign a waiver before accepted as an IBC member or drop-in. A person signing for a family membership is deemed to be signing for all members covered under that family membership. Those who choose not to sign the waiver will not be accepted as IBC members or drop-ins.
- Before starting play at IBC, a person must have purchased a membership or paid the drop-in fee if drop-in play is allowed.
- Paid members must wear the shoe tag provided by IBC to identify themselves as paid members.
- Persons under 16 years old must be supervised at all times and are not allowed to stay.
- IBC will restrict participants and visitors and their activities to the area of the large gym and the immediate waiting area adjacent to the gym.
- IBC will take responsibility to enforce proper conduct of members and visitors.
- Visitors are welcome at IBC provided that they report to executives and comply with IBC rules and regulations. IBC reserves the right to disallow visitors.
- The first people to arrive (ie: are slated to play in the first round of matches) must set up the gym, including setting up net poles, stringing out the net and hanging the wall panels. Setup must be completed for all courts (1-6) prior to any badminton play.
- The last group to play on Court 4, 5, or 6 must take down the wall curtain panels at the back and the poles and net for Court 4, 5, and 6.
- The last group to play on Court 1, 2, or 3 must take down the wall curtain panels at the front and poles and net for Court 1, 2, and 3.
- Matches are limited to two games after which the players must vacate their court and wait for their next turn to play. Games must follow the Rally Point System (21 points).
- After you finish your match, please return game shuttles to designated court shuttle container as per policy change on Dec 2, 2016. Removal of game shuttles other than for game play on the designated court is not allowed..
- No singles games allowed when there are players waiting to play doubles.
- Swearing or use of other abusive language is absolutely not accepted. Depending on the severity of the situation, offenders may be asked to vacate the gym immediately.
- Please keep your cell phone ring volume down or put cell phone in vibrate mode to avoid disrupting other players.
- Players who use the school’s shower facility must be out of the shower by 10:30 p.m.
- On court warm up time is restricted to 3 minutes.
IBC uses a court waiting system to ensure all players have equal and fair access to the courts. Please ensure that you familiarize yourself with the system.