2015 Canadian Masters Badminton Volunteers
All EDBA Clubs,
As you are aware, Edmonton is the proud host of the 2015 Yonex Canadian Masters Badminton Championship. The event will be hosted at the Royal Glenora Club April 20 through 25, 2015.
The EDBA has long been an active supporter of local, national and international badminton events hosted in Edmonton. As part of the 2015 Canadian Masters Volunteer Committee, the EDBA is reaching out to your club and members for help to fill some of the volunteer requirements for the Canadian Masters (see attached volunteer brochure).
In particular, the EDBA is looking for its club members to volunteer in the following areas:
1. Facility takedown: Saturday Apr 25, 5 – 10 p.m.
2. Volunteers with Class 5 driver’s licence for transporting players using the event vehicle for any the following times:
- Sunday Apr 19, 11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- 1:30 – 8 p.m. for any days Apr 20 through 22 (Monday through Wednesday)
- 1:30 – 8 p.m. Friday Apr 24
3. Host and Hospitality Volunteers to fill general volunteering duties for any of the following times:
- 9 a.m. – noon, noon – 3 p.m., 3 – 6 p.m. for any days Apr 20 through 24 (Monday through Friday)
- Noon – 3 p.m., 3 – 6 p.m. on Saturday Apr 25.
I realize that most of the EDBA club members have work and family commitments on weekdays, particularly during the day time. However any volunteer help, even just for a few hours and especially with the venue takedown which happens on Saturday, will be a big help. Volunteers can register on line at http://mastersbadminton2015.ca/ or use the hardcopy form attached. If your club prefers to collect the hardcopy registrations from your members and then have the EDBA pick them up, please let me know. We hope to have all volunteers signed up by Friday March 27, 2015.
EDBA members love badminton and we look forward to your support for this important badminton event! Your volunteering will help impress badminton players from across Canada that Edmonton is one of the greatest badminton cities in the country. Please broadcast this amongst your club members.
James Lin, P.Eng.
President, Edmonton District Badminton Association